what i mean when i say “i can’t do that” - the depression edition
- i am unable to do that
- i don’t have the energy to do that
- i cannot wrap my head around what you’re asking me to do
- there is too much in my head right now
- i can not do that
what people hear:
- i am unwilling to do that
- i am being stubborn for no reason
- i am being dramatic
- i am lazy
- i need you to repeat that only louder
- i need a push
- i don’t want to do that
i’m around my sketchbook all day and whenever I look at it I don’t want to draw.
but like at 1am, when i’m so fuckin tired, i want to draw.
now what should i do next?
How long has it been since I’ve made anything? A long time. Ohhman.